Ready in 1 hour
This is probably the best low fat dessert i have ever tasted one you have to try before you die! It is easily made within an hour as i made this for my final piece at GCSE level and got 100% for it, everyone loved it, im sure you will too!
23 people want to try | 57 have favorited
Top-ranked recipe named "Healthy Raspberry and Blackberry Meringue Pie with dilicious sauce"
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC/300ºF/Gas 4. Grease two 20cm/8in sandwich tins and line the bases with greaseproof paper.
2. Whisk the egg whites in a large bowl until they hold stiff peaks, then gradually whisk in the fruit sugar a tablespoon at a time, whisking well after each addition.
3. Continue whisking the meringue mixture for a minute or two until very stiff, and then fold in the vanilla extract and vinegar.
4. Divide the meringue mixture between the prepared sandwich tins and spread level. Bake for 20 – 30 minutes, until crisp. Remove the meringues from the tins and leave them to cool on a wire rack.
5. While the meringues are cooling, make the sauce. Process the raspberries and blackberries with the icing sugar in a blender or food processor, then press the puree through a fine nylon sieve to remove any pips. Chill the sauce until ready to serve.
6. Whip the cream until it forms soft peaks, and then gently fold in the raspberries and blackberries. Sandwich the meringue rounds together with the raspberry and blackberry cream.
7. Dust the top of the gateau with icing sugar, place mint leaves on top and serve with the raspberry and blackberry sauce.
BigOven makes mealtime easy!
You may also enjoy:
zrockchef91 10 months ago
chelsealover25 5 years agoThe Meringue will not go completely hard just crispy around the edges make sure the inside is still soft and moist, do not over cook. [I posted this recipe.]