Athenian Chicken Rolls
Verified by stevemur
|8 skinless boneless chicken breast halves|
|1 1/2 cupsSeasoned bread crumbs|
|1/8 cupolive oil|
|2 clovesgarlic; peeled and crushed|
|3 tablespoonsPeanut oil|
|3/4 poundspinach; chopped|
|3/4 cupMushrooms; sliced|
|1/2 teaspoonsalt; divided|
|1/4 teaspoonpepper; divided|
|1 cupChicken broth|
|1/2 poundfeta cheese; crumbled and divided into 8 parts|
|3/4 cupDry white wine|
|1/2 lemon; juiced|
|3 Eggs; beaten|
Athenian Chicken Rolls Preparation
1. Place chicken between two pieces of wax paper and gently pound until
almost double in size. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and 1/8
teaspoon of the pepper.
2. In large frypan, place olive oil and heat to medium temperature. Add
garlic and cook, stirring, 30 seconds. Add spinach and saute until
barely wilted; stir in remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/8
3. Remove mixture from frypan, drain, cool and divide into 8 parts. On
each chicken breast, place 1 part of the spinach mixture; sprinkle
cheese evenly over chicken, roll up and fasten with toothpicks.
4. In medium bowl, mix eggs and milk. In separate shallow bowl, place
bread crumbs. Add chicken, first in egg mixture and then in bread
crumbs, dredging to coat.
5. In same frypan, place peanut oil and heat to medium temperature. Add
chicken and cook until brown. Remove chicken to pan with cover and bake
in 350? oven about 30 minutes or until fork can be inserted with ease.
6. To make sauce, drain most of oil from frypan, leaving brown bits on
bottom of pan; add butter and melt over medium heat. Add mushrooms and
saute about 2 minutes. Add flour, stirring to blend and thicken. Add
chicken broth, wine, lemon juice, and capers. Cook about 4 minutes or
7. Place chicken rolls on serving dish and pour sauce over rolls.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Athenian Chicken Rolls Reviews
[I posted this recipe.]
4 years, 9 months, 3 weeks, 1 days, 17 hours, 53 minutes ago
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on:
Tweets by @bigoven