|3 1/4 cupsAll purpose flour|
|1 packageQuick-rise active dry yeast|
|1 cupHot Water; 125-130 degrees|
|1 tablespoonButter; softened|
|1/4 cupThousand Island dressing|
|1/2 poundCorned Beef; thinly sliced|
|1/2 poundTurkey Breast; thinly sliced|
|1/4 poundSwiss Cheese; sliced|
|1 8-oz canSauerkraut|
|1 eaEgg white; beaten (optional)|
|Caraway seed; (optional)|
Reuben Loaf Preparation
1. Set aside 1 cup flour
2. In a large bowl, mix remaining flour, sugar, salt and yeast.
3. Stir in hot water and butter. Mix in only enough reserved flour to make a soft dough.
4. Knead 4 minutes on a floured surface.
5. Coat a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray and roll dough to a 14x10 inch rectangle.
6. Spread Thousand Island dressing down the center third of the dough length.
7. Top with alternating layers of beef, turkey, cheese and sauerkraut.
8. Make cuts from filling to edges of dough at 1-inch intervals along sides of filling.
9. Alternating sides, fold strips at an angle across filling.
10. Cover loaf with a towel and place in a slightly warm (120 degrees) oven.
Brush with egg white and sprinkle with caraway seed.
Let dough rise 15 minutes and remove from oven.
Reheat oven to 400 degrees.
Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until loaf is light to golden brown. Allow to cool slightly, cut into 1-inch thick portions and serve warm.
Refrigerate leftovers; reheat to serve.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Reuben Loaf Reviews
My aunt makes this all the time it's great!?
1 years, 4 months, 3 weeks, 5 days, 5 hours, 23 minutes ago
4 years, 9 months, 1 weeks, 4 days, 14 hours, 34 minutes ago
[I posted this recipe.]
4 years, 9 months, 1 weeks, 4 days, 14 hours, 39 minutes ago