Ready in 45 minutes
This Nicoise dish is much more than a vegetable soup. It can be prepared fairly quickly by cooking everything together at the same time, but that needs to be done in the correct sequence to not miss out the flavour of the dish.
"Delicious....you are right, it is hard to wait for it to finish. I made it with local fresh produce and my own herbs. I added 1t of salt when I sauted the onions. I will definitely make this again. Thanks for posting!"- Goldilocks224
72 people want to try | 128 have favorited
1. Prepare a large cooking pot with thick bottom, put in plenty olive oil.
2. Chop the onion, put it into the pot and start it cooking slowly. Chop and add the garlic.
3. Wash the bell pepper, cut into small strips, and stir it in.
4. Wash the tomatoes, chop them up in big chunks, and throw them in (no peeling) and stir in well.
5. Add the herbs de Provence and pepper. If the tomatoes are flavorless (all too common these days), we add a small can of condensed tomato sauce at this time.
6. Cut the eggplant and the zucchini into big chunks, then throw them into the pot. Then then need to be stirred down frequently until they've merged with the rest of the ingredients.
This takes about an hour, from when we first start chopping until everything is in the pot together. We then cook slowly for one to two hours, depending on how chunky you want in and how eager you are to try it.
Guest, you can Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
BigOven makes mealtime easy!
You may also enjoy:
sarahbaker2 1 year ago
zambo 2 years ago
Hampshirecook 2 years agoThe quantities in grams are all wrong, sorry.
Goldilocks224 3 years agoDelicious....you are right, it is hard to wait for it to finish. I made it with local fresh produce and my own herbs. I added 1t of salt when I sauted the onions. I will definitely make this again. Thanks for posting!
Tinaivovic 3 years agoDelicious!
Miha 5 years ago[I posted this recipe.]
chefb 5 years ago[I posted this recipe.]