Ready in 40 minutes
Makes 6–8 kebabs
• 500g/1lb 2oz lamb, trimmed and cut into 2.5cm/1 inch cubes
• 6–8 skewers or sticks of fresh rosemary, lower leaves removed, tips kept on
• 2 red onions, peeled and quartered
• 2 red peppers, deseeded and cut into 2.5cm/1 inch pieces
for the marinade
• 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
• 2 cloves
• ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
• 2 teaspoons coriander seeds
• sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
• olive oil
9 people want to try | 15 have favorited
First bash up all the spices in a pestle and mortar until fine, then mix with the oil to make a thick marinade paste. Put the lamb pieces into a bowl and cover with the marinade. Let them sit there for half an hour to an hour. Then, using the rosemary sticks or skewers, spike each piece of meat alternately with red onion and peppers. Grill for around 5 minutes, turning regularly, to give you nicely charred meat on the outside with juicy pink on the inside. Allow to rest for a few minutes – that is, if you can stop yourself eating them straight away!
Guest, you can Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?