Healthy & Light Sour Cream Chicken
Yum, the kids are sure to love it!"I make something really similar but I'm a college student ... So I use canned white chicken breast mix it with soup and sour cream sprinkle a coat of poppy seeds then add the ritz cracker and butter topping with another coat of poppy seeds " - Princesskelley
Yield: 6 Ready in 45 minutes
226 people trying soon
|1 teaspoonExtra Virgin Olive Oil|
|4 eachChicken breast; boneless, skinless, trimmed of extra fat|
|1 teaspoonDried oregano; optional|
|1 teaspoonDried basil; optional|
|8 ounceSour cream; low fat|
|10 3/4 ounceCream of Chicken Soup; 98% fat free|
|25 eachCrackers; whole wheat|
|1/2 cupButter; light, melted|
Healthy & Light Sour Cream Chicken Preparation
1. Preheat oven to 350F (180?C / Gas mark 4).
2. Spray an 8 x 8 inch baking dish with Olive Oil cooking spray.
3. Chop up the chicken into bite sized pieces trimming the excess fat and brown over medium heat in the olive oil. Add oregano, basil (if using for flavor), salt and pepper. Stir until chicken looks cooked through.
4. When the chicken is done, pour into your prepared pan and spread it out so that it's even.
5. In a separate bowl, mix together the sour cream and the soup. Spoon this mixture over the chicken spreading it out to cover.
6. Place the crackers in a Ziploc bag and crush to fine crumbs. Spread the crackers over the chicken/soup mixture.
7. Spoon the melted butter over the crackers.
8. Bake until top is golden brown, approximately 20-30 minutes.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?