Spicy Eggplant, Pork and Tofu Stir Fry
Super easy and delicious weeknight meal. You can rarely get chinese food with eggplant in a restaurant so why not make it at home?"This is my favorite recipe on Big Oven! It is delicious and easy to make, great for those nights when you have nothing planned and have no idea what to make for dinner. I have made several versions of it: without meat, without the eggplant, turkey instead of pork... And every time it turns out relish!" - Anjinho
Yield: 4 Ready in 30 minutes
favorite of 155 people 136 people want to try
|1 tbspGinger; minced|
|1 tbspGarlic; minced|
|8 ozGround pork|
|Fresh ground pepper|
|1/4 cSoy sauce|
|1 tbspRice or white wine vinegar|
|1 1/2 tspRed curry paste|
|8 ozExtra firm tofu; drained and cut into 1 inch cubes|
|1/4 cGreen onion; sliced|
Spicy Eggplant, Pork and Tofu Stir Fry Preparation
1. Wash egglplant. Cut into 1/2 inch thick rounds, then cut each round into 1/2 thick strips.
2. Pour some olive oil and sesame oil into wok or large saute pan. Heat over medium high heat. Add eggplant and saute until tender, stirring frequently until lightly browned and mostly cooked. Transfer eggplant to paper towels to drain.
3. Add ginger and garlic to pan. Cook about 30 seconds until fragrant. Add pork and stir until crumbled and brown, about 8 minutes. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Add tofu and cook until nicely colored on both sides. Splash with soy sauce if needed.
4. Meanwhile, combine soy sauce, sugar, vinegar, paste and cornstarch in a small bowl and whish to combine.
5. Return eggplant to pan. Add sauce and stir to combine. Top with green onions.
Serve over brown rice. Try adding cashews or Napa cabbage.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Spicy Eggplant, Pork and Tofu Stir Fry Reviews
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on:
Tweets by @bigoven