Apple Crumb Pie
Fantastic apple crumb pie with lots of spices"I use a dairy free margarine because of my daughters allergies and it comes out just as great! I also found that if I add another cup of apples and go a size smaller on the pie shell I have enough for two pies... which is helpful in our large family! This is my favorite apple pie recipe, thanks for sharing!" - HomemadeMama
Yield: 6 Ready in 1 hours, 20 minutes
169 people trying soon
Verified by stevemur
Apple Crumb Pie Preparation
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
2. Place sliced apples in a large bowl. Sprinkle with Lemon Juice.
3. In a small bowl, mix together white sugar, 2 T flour, 1 t cinnamon, 1/4 t nutmeg. Sprinkle over apples. Toss until apples are evenly coated. Spoon into pastry shell
4. In a small bowl mix together 1 cup flour and brown sugar, 1/2 t nutmeg, 1/2 t cinnamon, 1/8 t cloves. Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle mixture over apple filling. Cover top looslely with aluminum foil.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 25 to 30 minutes, until top is golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?