Ready in 1 hour
Fantastic apple crumb pie with lots of spices
"I use a dairy free margarine because of my daughters allergies and it comes out just as great! I also found that if I add another cup of apples and go a size smaller on the pie shell I have enough for two pies... which is helpful in our large family! This is my favorite apple pie recipe, thanks for sharing!"- HomemadeMama
214 people want to try | 556 have favorited
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
2. Place sliced apples in a large bowl. Sprinkle with Lemon Juice.
3. In a small bowl, mix together white sugar, 2 T flour, 1 t cinnamon, 1/4 t nutmeg. Sprinkle over apples. Toss until apples are evenly coated. Spoon into pastry shell
4. In a small bowl mix together 1 cup flour and brown sugar, 1/2 t nutmeg, 1/2 t cinnamon, 1/8 t cloves. Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle mixture over apple filling. Cover top looslely with aluminum foil.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 25 to 30 minutes, until top is golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack.
Guest, you can Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
BigOven makes mealtime easy!
You may also enjoy:
NoSwineOnMine 1 year agoUse your instincts with this guideline and you will WIN BIG! Good luck
Heidi1973 2 years ago
Sparkles4 2 years agoThis was so much fun to make!! I made it for thanksgiving and my family loved it!! Thank you so much!
bigmama85 2 years agowonderful last minute dessert!
HomemadeMama 2 years agoI use a dairy free margarine because of my daughters allergies and it comes out just as great! I also found that if I add another cup of apples and go a size smaller on the pie shell I have enough for two pies... which is helpful in our large family! This is my favorite apple pie recipe, thanks for sharing!
Cutie0925 2 years agoI messed up the filling on this 3 times before I got it right lol but when I finally did it taste great. I served it with ice cream and caramel topping :)))))
Sfcoupet 2 years agoEasy to make and tastes great
Valentine4u 2 years agoI really love this recipe, I used 6 Tbs of butter for the topping. I'm making it again today. I also use Fuji apples. Thank you!
AgentToes 2 years agoThe blend of spices was perfect, thanks!
RLamb 2 years agoPretty good recipe; topping can be dry if you're not careful and don't add enough butter, it seems
fitzroy 5 years ago[I posted this recipe.]