World's Best Lasagna
Verified by stevemur
|1 poundsweet Italian sausage|
|3/4 poundlean ground beef|
|1/2 cuponion; minced|
|2 clovesGarlic; crushed|
|1 cantomatoes; crushed|
|2 canstomato paste|
|2 canstomato sauce; canned|
|2 tablespoonswhite sugar|
|1 1/2 teaspoonsdried basil leaves|
|1/2 teaspoonfennel seeds|
|1 teaspoonItalian seasoning|
|1/4 teaspoonground black pepper|
|4 tablespoonsfresh parsley; chopped|
|12 lasagna noodles|
|16 ouncesricotta cheese|
|3/4 poundmozzarella cheese; sliced|
|3/4 cupgrated Parmesan cheese|
World's Best Lasagna Preparation
1. In a Dutch oven, cook sausage, ground beef, onion, and garlic over medium heat until well browned. Stir in crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato sauce, and water. Season with sugar, basil, fennel seeds, Italian seasoning, 1 tablespoon salt, pepper, and 2 tablespoons parsley. Simmer, covered, for about 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.
2. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook lasagna noodles in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes. Drain noodles, and rinse with cold water. In a mixing bowl, combine ricotta cheese with egg, remaining parsley, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
3. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
4. To assemble, spread 1 1/2 cups of meat sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish. Arrange 6 noodles lengthwise over meat sauce. Spread with one half of the ricotta cheese mixture. Top with a third of mozzarella cheese slices. Spoon 1 1/2 cups meat sauce over mozzarella, and sprinkle with 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Repeat layers, and top with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Cover with foil: to prevent sticking, either spray foil with cooking spray, or make sure the foil does not touch the cheese.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes. Remove foil, and bake an additional 25 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes before serving.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
World's Best Lasagna Reviews
Sounds really yummy. I'm making it tomorrow.
3 years, 19 hours, 37 minutes ago
none [I posted this recipe.]
4 years, 6 months, 1 weeks, 4 days, 19 hours, 43 minutes ago