46 people want to try | 66 have favorited
1. Place flour and freshly ground pepper on a plate, dredge steaks in the flour, shaking off excess. Using a mallet, or other heavy object (edge of plate, rolling pin) pound flour into each side of the steak.
2. Heat oil in bottom of pressure cooker, to med. high. Brown the steak pieces on both sides. Do not crowd the pan, or the meat won't brown. Set browned steak aside.
3. To the pan, now add the onions, and garlic, saute for 2-4 minutes until the onions have softened. Add the mushroom, cook for 1 minute more. (Do not overcook). Remove onion mushroom mixture.
4. Deglaze the pan by adding the red wine, and scraping all the good bits up from the bottom.
5. Add back the steak, then layer the mushroom onion mixture on top.
6. Mix the 2 packets of mushroom gravy with the 2 cups of cold water. Pour over the steaks.
7. Cover and seal pressure cooker. Raise heat to high.
8. Once pressure is achieved, IMMEDIATELY turn heat to low, (slow rocking) and begin counting 25 minutes. At 25 minutes remove from burner, and let pressure drop on it's own (approx 5-10 minutes.)
Remove lid. If desired, you might want to thicken the gravy by removing the meat, and adding 1-2 Tbsp. cornstarch dissolved in 1-2 Tbsp. cold water to the gravy mixture.
Terrifice served with homestyle garlic mashed potatoes, homestyle noodles, or rice. I generally serve this with steamed green beans or carrots on the side.
Guest, you can Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
BigOven makes mealtime easy!
You may also enjoy:
deedeem 5 months agoVery good and easy! Thank you tcfarrington for posting.
ClintonH 6 months agoWhere's the steak, type and quantity? It's not included in the ingredients or the preparation instructions. When this omission has been corrected, I will, use and probably, love this recipe. Until then, it is useless.
Nbensley 10 months ago
Raedec 11 month agoI am confused. Ingredients do not include steak and how much steak or what kind of steak. Also - does the steak go in the pressure cooker?
tcfarrington 5 years ago[I posted this recipe.]