Best-ever Pressure Cooker Steak & Mushrooms
Verified by stevemur
Best-ever Pressure Cooker Steak & Mushrooms Preparation
1. Place flour and freshly ground pepper on a plate, dredge steaks in the flour, shaking off excess. Using a mallet, or other heavy object (edge of plate, rolling pin) pound flour into each side of the steak.
2. Heat oil in bottom of pressure cooker, to med. high. Brown the steak pieces on both sides. Do not crowd the pan, or the meat won't brown. Set browned steak aside.
3. To the pan, now add the onions, and garlic, saute for 2-4 minutes until the onions have softened. Add the mushroom, cook for 1 minute more. (Do not overcook). Remove onion mushroom mixture.
4. Deglaze the pan by adding the red wine, and scraping all the good bits up from the bottom.
5. Add back the steak, then layer the mushroom onion mixture on top.
6. Mix the 2 packets of mushroom gravy with the 2 cups of cold water. Pour over the steaks.
7. Cover and seal pressure cooker. Raise heat to high.
8. Once pressure is achieved, IMMEDIATELY turn heat to low, (slow rocking) and begin counting 25 minutes. At 25 minutes remove from burner, and let pressure drop on it's own (approx 5-10 minutes.)
Remove lid. If desired, you might want to thicken the gravy by removing the meat, and adding 1-2 Tbsp. cornstarch dissolved in 1-2 Tbsp. cold water to the gravy mixture.
Terrifice served with homestyle garlic mashed potatoes, homestyle noodles, or rice. I generally serve this with steamed green beans or carrots on the side.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?