Ready in 45 minutes
The title is apt. Adapted from The Chinese Cookbook, by Craig Claiborne and Virginia Lee.
"This was a great and easy recipe to make. I made the rice a few hours before and had it in the fridge till I was ready for it and it still worked out. I didn't add the shrimp as this was a side dish for another protein. Also we aren't fans of peas so I put in some frozen corn instead. This is a really adaptable recipe and you can add/remove so many different ingredients depending on your tastes. This is a keeper for sure!"- punkie569
991 people want to try | 1,271 have favorited
1. Flake the rice so that the grains do not stick together. Set aside.
2. Combine the shrimps with the salt and let stand 15 minutes. Rinse thoroughly in cold water and pat dry.
3. Heat the oil in a wok or skillet until it is almost smoking and add the shrimp, if raw. Cook stirring quickly and turning them in the oil until they turn pink, about 3 seconds. Remove to a sieve.
4. Return the oil to the wok, and add garlic and ham. Cook just to heat through, stirring. Add the rice, stirring rapidly, and cook until thoroughly heated without browning.
5. Do the following quickly: make a well in the center of the rice and add the eggs, stirring constantly. When they have a soft-scrambled consistency, start incorporating the rice, stirring in a circular fashion.
6. Add the peas and the salt, stirring. Stir in the oyster sauce and the cooked shrimps, tossing the rice over and over to blend everything. Stir in the bean sprouts and cook stirring and tossing, about 30 seconds. Add the scallions and serve immediately.
Guest, you can Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
BigOven makes mealtime easy!
You may also enjoy:
Bigboyfargo 4 months agoFirst off never leave the eggs out, that'd be non fried rice. Great recipe
sannerton 8 months agoI used pork tenderloin and marinated them like char siu. 1 -1 1/2 lb pork tenderloin, chopped in bite sized pieces 1/4 cup soy sauce 1/4 cup honey 1 tablespoon dry sherry 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce 1/2 teaspoon five-spice powder salt and pepper Directions: Mix ingredients together.place pork in a large plastic bag, pour marinade over, refrigerate at least 3 hours, turning a few times.
mogriff1 10 months agoVery tasty, I used a mixture of white and Jasmine rice which I cooked and refrigerated earlier. I also added sesame oil to the peanut oil.
cmv013 10 months ago
danaellis 11 month agoMy results were ok, but I think it might have been more due to my rice type than the recipe itself. I omitted the shrimp because I'm not a fan of shellfish, so if you follow the recipe exactly and use white instead of brown rice, it might be better
duneoaks 1 year agoLoved it--a little too salty!
marciedoyle 1 year agoThe kids really liked it, we used chicken instead of shrimp and added some canned corn. Lots of flavor!
Vitat 1 year agoVery Good
jacklyndavila 1 year ago
sunnygal 1 year agoVery tasty and easy stir fry. Left eggs out (my preference), used smoked ham,otherwise followed recipe and the flavors were perfectly blended and very tasty. Will make when I have a hankering for Asian.
Charmcity 2 years agoFantastic!! Everyone was very happy. I especially liked the ham in it. This is a great dish and can be served on its own as the main course. - I would add scallions on top next time around.
punkie569 2 years agoThis was a great and easy recipe to make. I made the rice a few hours before and had it in the fridge till I was ready for it and it still worked out. I didn't add the shrimp as this was a side dish for another protein. Also we aren't fans of peas so I put in some frozen corn instead. This is a really adaptable recipe and you can add/remove so many different ingredients depending on your tastes. This is a keeper for sure!
Ellebana 2 years agoVery good but next time I would use less salt.
dakotarussell 2 years agoGreat fried rice recipe, I'll be using it from here on out. I velveted some chicken and subbed it in for the shrimp, it was equally delicious.
savorythyme 2 years agoI love fried rice and this one didn't disappoint. It was a great combination of flavors and easy to make.