Ready in 1 hour
Ruby Tuesday potato cheese soup
"Yummy! Added broccoli at the end and emulsified before adding cheese. Also added extra carrots, celery, and onion plus added garlic. Did let cook longer than stated because we weren't ready for dinner yet"- Buckeye_Mama
199 people want to try | 277 have favorited
Top-ranked recipe named "Potato Cheese Soup"
1. Peel the potatoes and chop them into bite-size pieces, you should have 4 cups. Make sure the celery and onion are minced into very fine pieces about the size of a grain of rice. The carrot should be grated into very small pieces, not shredded.
2. Combine the vegetables with the chicken stock, salt, and vinegar in a large sauce pan over medium heat. Bring the stock to a boil, then turn down the heat, cover the pan, and simmer for 20 minutes.
3. wisk together the flour and milk in a medium bowl.
4. Remove the saucepan of vegetables from the heat and add the flour and milk mixture. Put the pan back on the heat and simmer, uncovered, for 5 to 8 minutes or until the soup has thickened.
5. Add 1 cup of cheddar cheese to the soup and simmer until melted. By this time the potatoes should be tender and fallling apart. If not , continue to cook until the soup is as thick as you like it.
6. To serve, spoon the soup into bowls. Divide the remaining 1 tablespoon of cheddar and the montery jack and sprinkle on the soup. Crumble the bacon and sprinkle it evenly onb top of the cheese. Top off each bowl of soup with chopped green onion.
BigOven makes mealtime easy!
You may also enjoy:
mommiichef3 11 month agoMade this soup today and came out great..let cook a bit longer to be a little thicker and added a little more cheese but besides that it was grreattt :) planning to make again soon.
TerriOlson 2 years agoHaven't made it yet BUT I know it's gonna be GREAT. Made soup very similar in the past with maybe more celery & onions. I crave this soup. When I get a good day with my health I WILL make it again!!! :)
Pken20 2 years agoMade this according to directions and it was very good. The whole family went back for seconds. Thanks for sharing!
Buckeye_Mama 2 years agoYummy! Added broccoli at the end and emulsified before adding cheese. Also added extra carrots, celery, and onion plus added garlic. Did let cook longer than stated because we weren't ready for dinner yet.
cybereno 3 years agoPrepared exactly as directed and it came out perfect. I thought about using the immersion blender but left the potato chunks as is and it turned out great!
vortex4 5 years ago
vortex4 5 years ago[I posted this recipe.]