A delicious baked dessert made up of cinnamon, sugar and walnuts between 4 layers of crispy Fillo dough, then topped with a sweet syrup made with honey, lemon and sugar.
Yield: 10 Ready in 1 hours
11 people trying soon
|1 boxFillo Leaves; (Fillo leaves are found in the frozen aisle)|
|2 blocksbutter or margarine; (melted)|
|1 tsplemon juice|
|1 tbspHoney; (optional)|
|1 Combine ingredience in small pot and bring to a bo|
|1 1/2 cupschopped walnuts; or macadamia nuts|
Mix ingredience in mixing bowl then divide mixture into 3 equal parts.
1) Unfold Fillo & cut in half; separate into 4 equal parts.
2) Lay 1/4 of Fillo on greased 9x13 cookie sheet.
3) Spread about 6 tablespoons worth of (melted) butter over filo.
4) Sprinkle 1/3 of sugar/cinnamon nut mixture over butter layer.
5) Lay another 1/4 of Fillo over the mixture & continue butter, mixture, fillo so you end with Fillo on top.
****IMPORTANT STEP: Make sure to do step 6 before proceeding to step 7. ****
6) Carefully cut into squares or diamond shape with knife. About 48 pieces.
7) After it is cut pour remaining butter over everything.
8) Bake 325° for 50-55 minutes. Should be golden brown.
9) Pour syrup over baklava as soon as it is removed from oven. Use enough syrup to cover each piece. (Not necessary to use all syrup)
10) Use fork or small spatula to remove pieces from cookie tray. Place each piece in a paper baking cup.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
There are no reviews yet for Baklava. Be the first to review it!