Coconut-Pineapple Banana Bread
Verified by stevemur
|2 cupsall-purpose flour|
|3/4 teaspoonbaking soda|
|1/2 teaspoonground nutmeg|
|1/2 teaspoonground ginger|
|3/4 cupgranulated sugar|
|1/4 cupcanola oil|
|1/4 cupnonfat plain yogurt|
|2 mediumripe bananas; mashed|
|1 tablespoonvanilla extract|
|8 ouncescrushed pineapple; drained|
|1/2 cupwalnuts; chopped|
|1/2 cupsweetened flaked coconut|
Coconut-Pineapple Banana Bread Preparation
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Spray 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
3. Combine flour, baking soda, salt, nutmeg and ginger in a bowl and stir with a whisk to combine.
4. Set aside.
5. Place sugar, oil, yogurt and eggs in mixer bowl and beat at medium speed until well blended.
6. Add banana, vanilla and pineapple.
7. Mix until blended.
8. Add flour mixture and beat on low until just moist.
9. Stir in walnuts and coconut.
10. Put batter in loaf pan and bake 60-70 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
11. Cool in pan 10 minutes on wire rack.
12. Remove from pan and cool completely.
13. Store in airtight container.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Coconut-Pineapple Banana Bread Reviews
Instead of walnuts, substitute chopped macadamias for a more tropical flavor [I posted this recipe.]
4 years, 6 months, 4 days, 14 hours, 9 minutes ago
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on:
Tweets by @bigoven