Chicken and Apple Stir-fry
Sweet and Sassy
"very easy to make...it didnt take long at all to prepare..i am impressed myself with how easy it is to make the stir fry sauce...definitely worth a try!"- bungamaya
58 people want to try | 130 have favorited
|6 dried mushrooms; such as shiitake or wood ear mushrooms|
|12 ozskinless boneless chicken breast halves|
|3/4 cCold water|
|3 tbfrozen orange, apple or pineapple juice concentrat; thawed|
|2 tbSoy sauce|
|1/4 tsGround ginger|
|1/4 tsGround cinnamon|
|1/4 tsGround red pepper|
|4 tbsliced almonds; or slivered|
|1 tbCooking oil|
|2 mdgreen, red, orange and/or yellow sweet peppers; cut into thin 2-inch|
|2 mdapples; (2 cups), thinly sliced|
|2 cbrown rice; hot cooked|
Chicken and Apple Stir-fry Preparation
1. In a small bowl cover mushrooms with warm water. Let soak for30 minutes. Rinse and squeeze mushrooms to drain thoroughly. Discard stems.Thinly slice mushrooms. Set aside.
2. Meanwhile, cut chicken or turkey into1-inch pieces. Set aside.
3. For sauce, in a small bowl stir together coldwater, juice concentrate, soy sauce, cornstarch, ginger, cinnamon, and redpepper. Set aside.
4. Preheat a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat.Add almonds; stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden. Remove almonds fromthe wok. Let wok cool.
5. Pour cooking oil into the cooled wok. (Add moreoil as necessary during cooking.) Add mushrooms, sweet peppers, and apples;stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes or until peppers and apples are crisp-tender. Removeapple mixture from the wok.
6. Add chicken or turkey to the hot wok; stir-fry for 3 to 4 minutes or until no pink remains. Push chicken from the center of the wok.
7. Stir sauce. Add sauce to the center of the wok. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Return apple mixture to the wok. Stir all ingredients together to coat with sauce. Cook and stir 1 to 2 minutesmore or until heated through. Stir in toasted almonds. Serve immediately overhot cooked brown rice.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe By: BHG.om
Nutritionfacts per serving: calories: 370 total fat: 11g saturated fat: 2g cholesterol:45mg sodium: 563mg carbohydrate: 48g protein: 22g
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Chicken and Apple Stir-fry Reviews
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on:
Tweets by @bigoven