36 people want to try | 114 have favorited
Top-ranked recipe named "Dorothy's Garlic roast Turkey"
The MORNING BEFORE marinate the turkey as follows:
1. Remove giblets
2. Rub the turkey inside and out with salt and then completely wash off all the salt with cold water.
3. Dry off the turkey of excess water.
4. Prepare roaster pan by lining with several long Kris-crossing sections of foil. The foil will be used later to build the basting tent.
5. Put turkey in breast side down.
6. soften the butter then rub 1/4 stick inside and out. Massage it in good!
7. Rub the turkey down inside and out with some of the freshly crushed garlic.
8. Sprinkle a good amount of garlic powder.
9. rub on a tsp. of chopped garlic.
10. Turn the turkey over and repeat 6-9 (never stop 6)
11. When finished, build a tent around the turkey, put in fridge and allow to marinate 12 hours!
1. Preheat oven to 325. The tent you have built over the turkey allows it to self baste.
2. Put the turkey in the preheated oven for 29 minutes per lb.
3. After half the estimated baking time, open the tent, baste the turkey all over inside and out. Use some of the extra for gravy, soup flavoring, etc.
4. Repeat step 3 every hour or so until the final hour. (Never stop step 3!)
5. With about one hour to go, open the tent, raise the temperature to 425 and bake until brown. * If you see the legs or wings getting dark or burning, put a piece of foil over the burning parts only.
6. Be careful not to let the juices over-flow, as if you do a fire could start!
BigOven makes mealtime easy!
You may also enjoy:
BlacksburgMR 5 years ago[I posted this recipe.]