1 people want to try | 5 have favorited
1. cut the red peppers into 1/4-inch strips and divide into 4 equal portions. set aside.
2. place one tortilla on a piece of waxed paper or paper towel.
3. using a table knife, spread 2 tablespoons of cream cheese evenly over the tortilla, leaving a 1/2-inch cheese-free border around the edge.
4. using a pastry brush, spread 1 teaspoon of mustard evenly over the cheese.
5. sprinkle 1/4 of the basil evenly over the cheese. sprinkle with a pinch of pepper.
6. place half of one portion of the red pepper strips in a single horizontal layer across the center of the tortilla.
7. place the other half of the red pepper strips in a single horizontal layer across the bottom of the tortilla, about 1 inch from the bottom.
8. starting at the bottom edge of the tortilla, roll up the tortilla as tightly as possible. making sure to keep the red pepper strips from slipping upwards. roll up completely.
9. wrap the rolled-up tortilla in a sheet of plastic wrap.
10. repeat steps 2 to 9 with the remaining tortillas. refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
11. when you are ready to serve, remove one tortilla roll from the plastic wrap.
12. using a sharp chef's knife, cut off the hollow ends of the tortilla on the diagonal and discard.
13. cut the tortilla roll into 12 evenly-sized pieces on the diagonal.
14. serve and enjoy
Guest, you can Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?