Ready in 1 hour
delicious, can be used as a side dish for fish or as a main dish
"omg so tasty! we cooked off some bacon and cooked it with the shallots, and added some steamed peas at the end to give it a little bit more colour and variety and it was great!"- DanteBen
76 people want to try | 206 have favorited
Top-ranked recipe named "Fettuccine Alfredo"
1. Bring a covered stockpot two-thirds filled with cold water to a boil. keep at a boil until ready to use.
2. Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat for 2 minutes.
3. Add the oil and shallot to the pan and stir with a wooden spoon for 1 minute
4. Add the cream to the pan and stir with a wooden spoon to blend.
5. Add the pepper and butter to the pan and stir until the butter is melted.
6. Increase the heat to medium high and allow to cook, stirring occasionally, for one minute. turn off the heat.
7. Add 1 tablespoon of salt to the stockpot of boiling water and then add the pasta. Stir and separate the nests into long strands, for about 1 minute.
8. Boil the pasta until barely al dente, about 5 minutes.
9. Turn off the heat. using a glass measuring cup, remove about 2/3 cup of pasta cooking water from the stockpot and set aside.
10. Drain the pasta into a large colander in the sink. Do not shake off the excess water.
11. Add the pasta and about 1/3 cup of the reserved pasta cooking water to the cream sauce and turn the heat on to medium high.
12. Using tongs or two wooden spoons, toss the pasta with the sauce until well combined, about 1 minute.
(to make pasta creamier, you can add more pasta water as you toss the pasta)
13. Turn off the heat and add 1 cup of grated Parmigiano cheese and toss well.
14. Add in the parsley (if using) and toss well to combine.
-serve the pasta with a sprinkle of freshly grated Parmigiano cheese
BigOven makes mealtime easy!
You may also enjoy:
Janiecrowl 2 years agoExcellent! I added cream cheese & garlic! Thanks for the recipe.
DanteBen 3 years agoomg so tasty! we cooked off some bacon and cooked it with the shallots, and added some steamed peas at the end to give it a little bit more colour and variety and it was great!
2bigal27 5 years agodouble the ingredients to make 12 servings [I posted this recipe.]