Al's Fettuccine Alfredo
Verified by stevemur
Al's Fettuccine Alfredo Preparation
1. Bring a covered stockpot two-thirds filled with water to a boil. keep at a boil until ready to use
2. heat a large sauté pan over medium heat for 2 minutes.
3. add the oil and shallot to the pan and stir with a wooden spoon for 1 minute.
4. add the cream to the pan and stir with a wooden spoon to blend.
5. add the pepper and butter to the pan and stir until the butter is melted.
6. increase the heat to medium high and allow to cook, stirring occasionally, for one minute. turn off the heat
7. add 1 tablespoon of salt to the stockpot of boiling water and then add the pasta. stir and separate the nests into long strands, for about 1 minute.
8. boil the pasta until just barely al dente, about 5 minutes.
9. turn off the heat. using a glass measuring cup, remove 2/3 cup of pasta cooking water from the stockpot and set aside.
10. drain the pasta into a large colander in the sink. do not shake off the excess water
11. add the pasta and about 1/3 cup of the reserved pasta cooking water to the cream sauce and turn the heat on the medium high.
12. using tongs or two wooden spoons toss the pasta with the sauce until well combined, about 1 minute
***to make pasta creamier, you can add more pasta water as you toss the pasta
13. turn off the heat and add 1 cup of grated parmigiano cheese and toss well
14. add in the parsley (if using) and toss well to combine
***serve the pasta with a sprinkle of freshly grated parmigiano cheese.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Al's Fettuccine Alfredo Reviews
seems long, but it actually is very easy [I posted this recipe.]
4 years, 5 months, 2 weeks, 5 hours, 14 minutes ago