Ready in 1 hour
This is from Cuisine at Home magazine. It is an absolute family favorite! I always use leftover grilled chicken for it! Also, instead of putting it in a food processor (was afraid I'd burn myself!), I mix it with one of those really cool Cuisinart hand-held mixers right in the pan on the stove.
"Great soup. I doubled the batch as I could see this disappearing quite quickly. Little bit of a bite. I added chopped green peppers to the beginning and then after blending I added a can of black beans. This will be a favorite in our house. Great for football Sundays! "- Hgoll59
24 people want to try | 30 have favorited
1. Heat oil in large saucepan over med-high heat; add onions & garlic, and saute 3 min. Stir in tortilla pcs & saute till they are no longer crisp. Add tomatoes, broth, & spices, & bring to a boil.
2. Remove from heat; let cool 5 min, then puree soup base in batches in a blender or food processor till smooth. Return soup to pot.
3. Add turkey/chix, corn, & cream. Bring to a boil & simmer 5 min., or till beginning to thicken.
4. Reduce heat to med., sprinkle in cheese, and stir till melted. Add lime juice & season with salt & pepper to taste.
5. Serve w/salsa and sour cream.
Black Bean Salsa
1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl, tossing well to coat. Chill salsa till ready to serve.
Guest, you can Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
BigOven makes mealtime easy!
You may also enjoy:
Hgoll59 1 year agoGreat soup. I doubled the batch as I could see this disappearing quite quickly. Little bit of a bite. I added chopped green peppers to the beginning and then after blending I added a can of black beans. This will be a favorite in our house. Great for football Sundays!
suebonnerjosephson 1 year agoI make this recipe as follows...I find that all amounts of ingredients are PERFECT. If you are concerned about the heat you could always omit the cayenne pepper or add sour cream to your serving.(it's not really that hot) I have made this many times and it's been loved by everyone. This recipe doubles just fine and you going to want to do that because if you don't, you'll be sorry!!! Enjoy!!! The black bean salsa is a hit too!
shannonbillowjennings 1 year agoI made this soup with turkey leftovers after Christmas.....my husband and I both agree it will be made again! Great recipe! We did not do the Black Bean Salsa, the soup was great on it's own!
carolekv 5 years ago[I posted this recipe.]