Ready in 45 minutes
"A winner at any Thanksgiving dinner, sausage, bacon, apple chunks, mushrooms, celery, onions tossed with cornbread and bread cubes, make this savory stuffing a family favorite."
"Made this last year for thanksgiving amd it was fabulous! I will be making it again tjis year! Yummy!"- haleymmills1
Top-ranked recipe named "Sausage, Bacon, Apple and Cornbread Stuffing"
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease 9x13 inch baking dish.
2. Place the cubed cornbread and bread stuffing mix into a large bowl. Set aside.
3. Place the chopped sausage links and ground sausage in a skillet; cook and stir over medium-high heat until evenly browned. Drain, and place sausage into a bowl. Using the same skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat until evenly browned. Drain bacon on paper towels. Drain excess bacon fat from the skillet. Stir the cooked sausage and bacon into the cornbread mixture.
4. Using the same skillet, cook the celery and onion over medium heat until transparent and tender, about 5 minutes. Stir into the cornbread mixture.
5. Stir the mushrooms, parsley, and apples into the cornbread mixture. Season with salt, pepper, and sage. Pour enough chicken broth over the cornbread mixture to moisten thoroughly, and toss to distribute evenly. Spoon the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
6. Bake in preheated oven until top is toasted and the center is firm, about 45 minutes.
Very good - try andoilli sausage!
haleymmills1 4 months agoMade this last year for thanksgiving amd it was fabulous! I will be making it again tjis year! Yummy!
mommyof2gals 5 years agoVery good - try andoilli sausage! [I posted this recipe.]