Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff I
"Stew beef, condensed golden mushroom soup chopped onion and Worcestershire sauce are combined and slow cooked. Cream cheese is stirred in just before serving.""I love recipes with this particular soup, just don't see many. This was delicious, and only added a little beef flavor boost packet and a bit more Worcestershire. Used 2 lbs round steak cut into small bits, cooked on low for 5-6 hours, then put in the fridge until the next day. After work I let it simmer for about 30 minutes to thicken with the cream cheese added. Served over combo of eggless noodles and cauliflower, saving carbs & calories. Great for 4 servings so we will enjoy again later this week and will make this again." - Cfoster3
Yield: 4 Ready in 45 minutes
857 people trying soon
Verified by SunnyJF
Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff I Preparation
1. In a slow cooker sprayed with non-stick spray, layer the meat and top with dry onion soup mix.
2. In a small dish, combine golden mushroom soup, chopped onion, and Worcestershire sauce. Pour over meat mixture. Top with chunked mushrooms.
3. Cook on Low setting for 8 hours, or on High setting for about 5 hours.
4. Begin preparing egg noodles during hte last 30 minutes of cooking time. Start softening cream cheese at this time.
5. Stir in cream cheese just before serving.
Fat-free cream cheese works equally well and saved on the fat content
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?