Ready in 30 minutes
Coconut coated chicken strips served with a delicious dipping sauce
"Takes a while to prepare - lots of steps. Didn't have time to marinate for 4 hours/overnight only did that for about half hour, while I prepped the next steps. Tasted delicious anyway. Will make again. Paired it with basmati rice and peas. "- Kerrymack
Top-ranked recipe named "Coconut Chicken Strips with Pina Colada dipping sauce"
1. In a large bowl mix 1/4 C of pineapple juice, 1/4 C of cream of coconut, soy sauce, brown sugar and wine vinegar.
2. Add chicken strips and allow to marinate, covered in refrigerator a minimum of 4 hours or overnight.
3. In a pie plate, combine flour, salt and pepper.
4. In a bowl beat eggs and mix with 1/4 C cream of coconut.
5. In another bowl pour shredded coconut.
6. Coat chicken strips first in flour, next in egg mixture and finally in shredded coconut.
7. In a deep skillet, heat peanut oil (enough to just cover the bottom of skillet) over medium heat.
8. Once oil is hot, cook chicken for 5 minutes on each side, taking care not to over cook coconut.
9. Remove chicken and drain any leftover oil.
10. Place 1/2 C pineapple juice and 1/2 C cream of coconut and heavy whipping cream in pan.
11. Cook until thick, scraping drippings from bottom of the skillet.
12. Pour sauce over chicken strips.
KarlieMalcolm 1 year agoSeriously delicious! This was a huge hit in our household! Didn't have cream of coconut so I used condensed milk with coconut extract, and it was perfect!
KathrynA80 2 years agoThis was delicious! Accidentally burned the coconut on one side, but that didn't hurt it any. My husband's words: 'That's a doer againer.'
Kerrymack 4 years agoTakes a while to prepare - lots of steps. Didn't have time to marinate for 4 hours/overnight only did that for about half hour, while I prepped the next steps. Tasted delicious anyway. Will make again. Paired it with basmati rice and peas.
SueinNY 5 years ago[I posted this recipe.]