Tipsy Beef Stew
|3 poundsbeef stew meat; cut into 1-inch cubes|
|2 teaspoonssalt divided|
|1 teaspoonground black pepper; divided|
|3 tablespoonsunsalted butter|
|2 onions; chopped|
|1 8-oz cantomatoes; diced|
|1 3-oz packettomato paste|
|3 cupsbeef stock|
|2 tablespoonschopped parsley|
|1 teaspoondried thyme|
|2.5 cupsdry red wine; (i.e. Merlot)|
|5 carrots; chopped|
|15 pearl onions peeled or frozen; (up to 20)|
Tipsy Beef Stew Preparation
1. Melt butter in pan on medium-high heat.
2. Add onions. Cook until slightly translucent.
3. Transfer half of onions to soup pot.
4. Season beef with salt and pepper. Add to pan and brown with remaining onions.
5. Add beef and onions to soup pot.
6. Stir in tomatoes, tomato paste, beef stock. Season with garlic, parsley, thyme and remaining salt and pepper. Stir in red wine.
7. Cover and simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
8. Add carrots, celery and pearl onions. Uncover and simmer for 1 hour.
9. Season with additional salt/pepper to taste.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Tipsy Beef Stew Reviews
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on:
Tweets by @bigoven