World's Best Coconut Cake
World's Best Coconut Cake!"Very moist and delicious! I used 9 inch round pans, Duncan Hines Coconut cake mix and milked and shreaded fresh coconuts. The Creme de Cacao and Cream of Coconut topping prior to frosting really made a big difference in the moistness and taste. I would suggest removing the cake from the pan after the 15 minute cooling period and prior to topping if the cake is to be presented on a cake plate instead of in it's original pan." - wwiggins
Yield: 8 Ready in 45 minutes
favorite of 354 people 139 people want to try
World's Best Coconut Cake Preparation
1. Prepare cake according to instructions on the box. Be sure to get the kind with pudding in the mix already since it will be more moist. However, instead of using water or milk, substitute coconut milk instead.
2. Grease a 9" X 13" cake pan, pour the batter into the pan and bake according to directions on the box.
3. Once the cake is cooked, take out of the oven and let it cool off for 15 minutes.
4. Take the end of a wooden spoon and poke holes in the cake (3 rows of 4 holes is adequate for a 9" X 13" cake pan).
5. Mix 1 shot of Creme de Cacao with the can of cream of coconut. You might first need to put the can of cream of coconut in warm water to reliquify, as cream of coconut can congeal at cooler temperatures. Make sure it's well mixed.
6. Pour the cream of coconut/Creme de Cacao mixture on the cake, including into the holes.
7. Put the cake, still in the pan, uncovered, in the fridge for about 2-3 hours.
8. Once the cake has cooled, take out of the refrigerator and cover with vanilla or coconut frosting.
9. Cover with shredded coconut to suit taste.
10. Optionally, drizzle another shot of Creme de Cacao on top of the coconut.
11. Pig out!
Original recipe from Elise Mercado, with a few revisions by Brent N. Hunter, make this the best coconut cake in the world!
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
World's Best Coconut Cake Reviews
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on: