World's Best Pot Roast
World's Best Pot Roast!"I made this recipe tonight and I was impressed at how flavorful and tender this roast turns out to be. I highly recommend this recipe to anyone who loves roast beef. I did not use a crock pot / slow cooker. I cooked the roast in my oven at 350 degrees for 1.5 hours. I cooked the roast in my cast iron Dutch oven. Try it... You'll like it!" - Cowtown_Slim
Yield: 6 Ready in 45 minutes
244 people trying soon
Verified by stevemur
|4 poundsChuck or rump roast|
|2 tablespoonsVegetable oil|
|1/2 teaspoonBlack pepper; ground|
|1 Bay leaf|
|1 cupBeef broth|
|16 ouncesBoiler onions|
|1/2 teaspoonMarjoram; fresh if possible|
|1/2 teaspoonRosemary; fresh if possible|
|1/2 teaspoonThyme; fresh if possible|
|3 clovesGarlic; minced|
|1 poundCarrots; thickly sliced|
World's Best Pot Roast Preparation
1. Heat oil in a Dutch oven or large pot and brown meat on both sides.
2. Stir in the broth, spices and onion soup mix. Mix well.
3. Heat to boiling. Take meat out and place inside the slow cooker/Crockpot.
4. Cover the meat with small potatoes, boiler onions and thickly sliced carrots.
5. Pour the broth, spices and onion soup mix on top of the meat and vegetables in the slow cooker/Crockpot.
6. Cover with water if necessary.
7. Cook for 10-12 hours in the slow cooker/Crockpot, on LOW setting. Cooking on HIGH setting, while not recommended, will prepare this food faster but the meat won't be as tender and the overall taste won't be as good. It's better to set aside the extra time to cook it on low, you won't be disappointed!
8. Remove meat and slice, place on a platter with vegetables around the meat. Strain the liquid and serve with the meat.
9. Pig out!
The original recipe is from the back of a Christopher Ranch package of boiler onions. This recipe has been revised by Brent N. Hunter.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?