Lobster Newburg Preparation
1. Melt butter in double-boiler over low to medium heat.
2. Remove and stir in flour. Return to heat and bubble for 2-3 minutes. Add salt, nutmeg, paprika, cayenne.
3. Stir in cream - let thicken.
4. Stir 2-3 Tb of this into the egg yolks. Then add egg yolk mixture gradually to cream mixture.
5. Add lobster, wine and lemon juice. Cook slowly till thickened.
6. Serve into pastry shells, or over rice.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Lobster Newburg Reviews
[I posted this recipe.]
4 years, 5 months, 3 weeks, 6 hours, 4 minutes ago
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on:
Tweets by @bigoven