As close as I could make them to what you find on River Street in Savannah, GA
"This is a great recipe for mixed nuts too! I also had a thermometer that only went up to 220 degrees and kind of guessed on when to add the nuts, but they turned out wonderful. I did have to put the mixture back on heat to make it stick to the nuts."- Larawaya
163 people want to try | 285 have favorited
Pecan Pralines Preparation
1) Combine both sugars, the vanilla and the evaporated milk in a saucepan.
2) Heat to 230 degrees (just below soft ball stage). Stir frequently so sugar does not burn.
3) Add the butter and continue to heat and stir until the mixture reaches 250 degrees (the temperature is very important).
4) Remove from the heat and stir in the pecans. Continue to stir until the mixture begins to cool and thickens.
5) Spoon out onto wax paper to cool. If the mixture thickens to much while spooning it out, heat just until it is soft enough again.
Great with a cup of Southern Pecan Coffee
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Pecan Pralines Reviews
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on:
Tweets by @bigoven