Lemon Poppy Seed Bundt Cake
This is a great summer/spring time treat with only 178 calories per serving!"Ok, I made the recipe with 1 tsp baking powder and watered down the glaze with milk. I had problems with the cake sticking to the bundt pan even after I sprayed it generously. Very tasty!!" - hutchj
Yield: 16 Ready in 45 minutes
favorite of 41 people 17 people want to try
Verified by stevemur
|1 cupGranulated Sugar|
|1/2 cupbutter softened|
|1 egg; at room temp|
|2 egg whites; room temp|
|3/4 cupmilk; preferably low fat|
|2 cupsall purpose flour|
|2 tbsppoppy seeds|
|1 tbsplemon or orange peel; grated|
|1/2 tsplemon juice|
|1 cuppowdered sugar|
|1/2 tspvanilla extract|
|1 tspLemon juice|
Lemon Poppy Seed Bundt Cake Preparation
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. And grease liberally your bundt pan, it can very easily get stuck if you just forget one spot.
2. Beat together the sugar, butter, egg, and egg whites in a large bowl with an electric mixer until well blended. Then add the milk and vanilla, again mix until well blended.
3. Add flour. poppy seeds, lemon or orange peel, lemon juice, baking powder, and salt. Beat until smooth, this may take about 2 minutes.
4. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
5. Let cake rest 5-10 minutes before gently loosening cake from pan and turn over onto wire rack. Let cool completely.
1. In a small bowl mix together the milk, vanilla, and lemon juice.
2. With electric mixer add the powdered sugar and beat to combine.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Lemon Poppy Seed Bundt Cake Reviews
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on:
Tweets by @bigoven