Sweetcorn Fritters Preparation
1. Remove the husks from the corn cobs and slice off the kernels carefully with a sharp knife.
2. Turn oven onto low and heat up non-stick frying pan on stove over a medium to med-high heat.
3. Finely chop the red onion and then combine in a food processor with half the corn, egg, coriander, flour, baking powder, salt and pepper or alternatively use an electric mixing stick like a Bamix. Add the remaining corn kernels and stir through by hand to combine.
4. Put a small amount of the oil in the pre-heated non-stick pan. When the oil is hot (test by inserting end of handle of wooden spoon and ensuring oil bubbles) drop 1 to 3 tablespoons of mixture into the pan for each fritter. Cook fritters in batches of 4 for about 1 minute per side.
5. When fitters are cooked, drain on wire rack above baking dish or similar and keep warm in low oven while making all the batches.
6. Serve with sweet chili sauce or alternatively add to the mixture before blending.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Sweetcorn Fritters Reviews
Can be pre-made the day before and reheated in oven or microwave when ready to serve. [I posted this recipe.]
4 years, 4 months, 2 weeks, 5 days, 23 hours, 47 minutes ago
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on:
Tweets by @bigoven