Spicy Romano Chicken
Verified by stevemur
|1 1/2 poundsPounds Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast; (or Even Precooked on Grill), thinly sliced|
|1/2 CupMushroom; sliced|
|1/4 CupGreen Onion; diced|
|1/4 CupProsciutto; chopped|
|1/8 CupSundried Tomatoes; sliced|
|1 jarArtichoke Hearts|
|1 1/2 CupsHeavy cream|
|Salt and Pepper|
|3/4 CupParmesan cheese|
|1 PackageBowtie Pasta; cooked al dente as per package|
Spicy Romano Chicken Preparation
1. Bring 4 1/2 quarts water to rolling boil, covered, in large stockpot or Dutch oven. Using ladle or heatproof measuring cup, fill each individual serving bowl with about 1/2 cup boiling water; set bowls aside to warm.
2. If not precooked chicken being used: In pan melt butter and olive oil and saute chicken. Slice more thinly if needed.
3. Then saute mushrooms, green onions, and add prosciutto, sundried tomatoes, and artichoke hearts.
4. Meanwhile, bring 1 cup heavy cream and butter to simmer in 3- to 4-quart saucepan over medium heat; reduce heat to low and simmer gently until mixture reduces to 2/3 cup, 12 to 15 minutes. Off heat, stir in remaining 1/2 cup cream, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper.
5. Add cream mixture to mushroom mix and simmer over low heat. Add Parmesan, and nutmeg.
6. Add cayenne pepper to taste. Add bowtie pasta and toss to coat.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Spicy Romano Chicken Reviews
[I posted this recipe.]
4 years, 4 months, 3 days, 18 hours, 1 minutes ago