Lentil & Vegetable Soup
Freeze what you don't use. Legendary winter warmer.
"Lovely combination of flavours, but I don't think it needs all of the shown cooking time; I simmered it for about 40 mins and the vegetables were already going a little too soft. Will definitely cook this again."- stopsatgreen
35 people want to try | 45 have favorited
|750 mlvegetable stock; liquid|
|250 glentils; red, thoroughly washed and drained|
|1 cloveGarlic; minced|
|1 onion; small|
|1/2 red capsicum; large, diced|
|1 carrot; small, diced|
|1/2 cupcorn kernels|
|1.5 stalksCelery; diced|
|1/2 bunchspinach; chopped|
|1 tomato; medium, chopped|
|1 smallleek; chopped|
|100 gmushrooms; chopped|
|150 ggreen beans; chopped|
|1/2 tablespoonparsley; fresh, chopped|
|1/2 tablespoonoregano; fresh, chopped|
|1/2 tablespoonbasil; fresh, chopped|
|1/2 tablespoonground pepper; fresh|
|1 tablespoontomato paste|
|Salt to taste; sea salt|
|parmesan cheese; Shaved|
Lentil & Vegetable Soup Preparation
1. Put vegetable stock, red lentils, salt, pepper, onion and garlic in a large soup pot and bring to the boil. Once boiling, reduce to a simmer and cover.
2. Add carrot, green beans, leek, celery, capsicum, spinach, tomato then mushrooms to the pot as each is chopped. Add tomato paste. Keep pot covered and stir every 10 or so minutes until lentils have broken down.
3. Add corn kernels and simmer for 60 to 90 minutes. If the soup begins to dry out, add water.
4. Add parsley, oregano and basil then simmer for another 10 minutes.
5. Turn off stove, leave pot covered until cooled then refrigerate overnight (if you can wait that long). Re-heat to serve and add shaved Parmesan as a garnish.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Lentil & Vegetable Soup Reviews
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on:
Tweets by @bigoven