Ready in 5 hours
Easy to make, delicious to eat. Not much preparation time, but you have to wait for the chicken to marinate for 4 hours.
"Hopefully this recipe is displaying properly now. I seemed to keep getting problems with bigoven mixing up this recipe with another one. This recipe is suppose to be for Indian Spiced Chicken, not Spinach Dip (which keeps re-appearing). [I made edits to this recipe.]"- keepsmilyn
22 people want to try | 47 have favorited
1. Place chicken in a glass or ceramic dish.
2. Heat the oil in a small saucepan over high heat. Add garlic and chilli and cook, stirring for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add tumeric and cumin and coook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until fragrant and cumin seeds pop. Remove from heat and stir in the corriander. Spoon the mixture over the chicken and turn chicken to coat well. Cover dish with chicken inside with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 4 hours to develop the flavours.
3. Preheat oven to 220°C. Cut each pumpkin wedge in half lengthways and place in a single layer over the base of a rectanglar baking dish. Tip with chicken pieces and drizzle with marinade. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste. Cook in pre-heated oven for 40 minutes or until pumpkin is tender and chicken is golden brown and juices run clear when pierced with a skewer.
4. Meanwhile, use your hands to squeeze excess liquid from the spinach. Combine the spinach, finely chopped onion, sour cream and coconut cream in a medium saucepan over meduim heat. Cook, stirring for 6 minutes or until hot and well combined. Remove from the heat. Add salt and pepper to taste. I added quite a bit of salt to get a nice savory taste.
5. Spoon the spinach mixture into shallow bowls. Top with pumpkin and chicken. Garnish with additional coriander and serve immediately.
Source: Australian Good Taste Magazine.
Guest, you can Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
BigOven makes mealtime easy!
You may also enjoy:
keepsmilyn 4 years agoHopefully this recipe is displaying properly now. I seemed to keep getting problems with bigoven mixing up this recipe with another one. This recipe is suppose to be for Indian Spiced Chicken, not Spinach Dip (which keeps re-appearing). [I made edits to this recipe.]
keepsmilyn 4 years agoThis recipe has the wrong photo. ADMIN, please remove the photo for this recipe as it is incorrect. [I made edits to this recipe.]
keepsmilyn 4 years ago[I posted this recipe.]