Grandma's Chicken & Dumplings
Try this Grandma's Chicken & Dumplings recipe, or contribute your own. "American" and "Chicken" are two of the tags cooks chose for Grandma's Chicken & Dumplings.
Yield: 4 Ready in 45 minutes
favorite of 58 people 31 people want to try
Grandma's Chicken & Dumplings Preparation
1. Put whole fryer chicken in dutch oven and just cover it with water (or chicken broth) and add some salt.
2. Bring to a boil, then turn to a slow boil for ~45 minutes.
3. Take off the heat, remove chicken from the pot, and put it on a plate to cool (KEEP BROTH!)
4. Pull the skin off the chicken & throw it away.
5. Cut the meat off the chicken into small pieces.
6. Put the meat back into the dutch oven with the broth and add 2-3 chicken bouillon cubes.
7. Bring to a boil.
8. Add dumplings according to the directions on the Bisquick box:
stir 2 cups of Bisquick with 2/3 cup milk until soft dough forms
drop by spoonfuls onto boiling chicken/broth, then reduce heat
cook uncovered 10 minutes
cook covered 10 minutes
9. Take dumplings out and serve in a large bowl
10. If chicken/broth mixture is still runny, then take a small amount of flour (2-3 tablespoons) and add a little water (shake together), pour into broth slowly and stir
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Grandma's Chicken & Dumplings Reviews
[I made edits to this recipe.]
4 years, 4 months, 5 days, 20 hours, 51 minutes ago
[I posted this recipe.]
4 years, 4 months, 5 days, 20 hours, 54 minutes ago
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on: