37 people want to try | 64 have favorited
1. Put whole fryer chicken in dutch oven and just cover it with water (or chicken broth) and add some salt.
2. Bring to a boil, then turn to a slow boil for ~45 minutes.
3. Take off the heat, remove chicken from the pot, and put it on a plate to cool (KEEP BROTH!)
4. Pull the skin off the chicken & throw it away.
5. Cut the meat off the chicken into small pieces.
6. Put the meat back into the dutch oven with the broth and add 2-3 chicken bouillon cubes.
7. Bring to a boil.
8. Add dumplings according to the directions on the Bisquick box:
stir 2 cups of Bisquick with 2/3 cup milk until soft dough forms
drop by spoonfuls onto boiling chicken/broth, then reduce heat
cook uncovered 10 minutes
cook covered 10 minutes
9. Take dumplings out and serve in a large bowl
10. If chicken/broth mixture is still runny, then take a small amount of flour (2-3 tablespoons) and add a little water (shake together), pour into broth slowly and stir
Guest, you can Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?