Delicious Mussels in Coconut and White Wine
This is a delicious recipe that i had made with some friends. I bet this is not really an original, but it was to us because we wung it and made it up as we went (who doesnt?). But anyways this contains delicious coconut milk and alot of wine. The amounts are uhhh... an estimate and made according to taste so change it up as you see fit when you make it. It makes a huge amout by the way too so itd be good for about 6+ people i think. You can serve it with rice or pasta and use the mussel sauce as the sauce for the carbs. Enjoy! We did and it even can be saved and warmed up days later. QUESTIONS? Email me at tiac23~~at;rocketmail.com."Great recipe. We used lime leaves instead. Also, once the mussels were cooked, we removed them to another warm pot, drained the liquid back into the main large pot and then rendered the liquid down to a thick sauce and it was fabulous. " - Laser
Yield: 6 Ready in 35 minutes
109 people trying soon
|5 lbCleaned mussels|
|3/4 cupwhite wine; (up to 1 cup)|
|3/4 wholegarlic; (or whatever you see fit)|
|2 tbspParsley; (up to 3 tbsp)|
|1 dashfish sauce|
|2 dashesCurry; Couple dashes of|
|3/4 cupcoconut milk|
|1 Big pot (like the type you cook spaghetti with)|
Delicious Mussels in Coconut and White Wine Preparation
1 Get the onions and roughly mince them up; cut the garlic too in slices.
2 Put them in the pot along with the olive oil. Just put enough oil to make them not stick. Dont put too much.
3 After a couple minutes, add the butter and continue to cook the vegetables down.
4 Add a bit of parsly too but not all. Add some fish sauce.
5 After the onions have become transparent, pour the coconut milk in. Cook that for a minute or two.
6 add the curry and 6 lemon leaves. The color should be yellowish and add as much curry as you like. Id recomend about 1-(1.5) tablespoons.
7. cook that for about 2 minutes and then add half the wine. Let that simmer.
8. Add the mussels to the sauce. It looks like there is not enough sauce but their is. Mix the sauce and mussels together carefully so that you dont spill anything.
9. Add the rest of the wine and parsley.
10. Mix it all together well and put the top on.
11. Cook them till their shells are open and they look done. I think it was about 7 minutes but that is a guess. BTW mix it once in a while to cover them in juice.
12. Make sure you dont OVER cook them because they'll get rubbery as do all clams and mussels if you overcook them
13 ENJOY on rice or pasta using the sauce in the pot as the dressing for the carbs.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?