Chicken Breasts In Sun-dried Tomato Cream
This is great. Easy enough to prepare after work, yet elegant enough for company and with flavor to spare. This is a recipe that came from a member of my daughters online playgroup. (Thanks Alice) It is very simple and delicious, but impressive. Your guests will think that you are indeed a "chef". I like to double the sauce recipe and serve this with pasta. Also a quick note: for a variation that tastes just like Johnny Carino's Chicken Scaloppini, make sure to double the sauce recipe and add diced bacon and chopped Roma tomatoes and serve over angel hair pasta."I loved this recipe. Made it last night. My husband and son also loved it. I did season the chicken with salt and fresh ground pepper. I also added an onion finely chopped to the mushrooms. I used chopped garlic that came in sun dried tomatoes as well as the sun dried tomatoes. Made about 1-1/2 sauce and served it over portabella mushroom stuffed tortellini. I would definitely double the sauce recipe next time." - valerieshippee
Yield: 4 Ready in 45 minutes
favorite of 112 people 102 people want to try
Verified by stevemur
|2 clovesgarlic; pushed through a press (or 1/4 tsp. garlic powder)|
|1 1/2 tablespoonsAll-purpose flour|
|3/4 cupChicken broth|
|1/2 cupHeavy cream|
|2 tablespoonssun-dried tomatoes packed in oil; slivers, plus|
|1 tablespoonoil; (see note)|
|1/4 teaspoonDried thyme|
|1/4 teaspooncrushed red pepper flakes|
|8 ouncesMushrooms; sliced|
|4 Chicken breast halves; flattened slightly|
Chicken Breasts In Sun-dried Tomato Cream Preparation
1. Heat sun-dried tomato oil over medium-high heat.
2. saute chicken in oil 8 minutes, turning once, until browned and cooked though.
3. Transfer to a plate.
4. To skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat.
5. Add mushrooms and saute until they are lightly browned and have released most of their liquid.
6. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds.
7. Stir in flour and cook 1 minute.
8. Stir in broth, cream, tomatoes, thyme, salt, pepper flakes and mushrooms.
9. Bring to boil and cook 1 minute.
10. Add chicken just to heat through.
11. Note: Two TBSP of sun-dried tomato slivers is equal to about 4 sun-dried tomato halves.
12. Buy sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil.
13. They come pre-seasoned.
14. They cut into slivers easily with a kitchen scissors.
15. I also like to flatten chicken breasts with a mallet or rolling pin to help cook more evenly.
Great for company
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Chicken Breasts In Sun-dried Tomato Cream Reviews
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on:
Tweets by @bigoven