Hawaiian Sweet Bread For The Bread Machine
Please watch your machine in the first few minutes. I am finding that I need to add more flour - 1/4 cup or more to achieve the right texture - smooth and elastic. Also, this is a very high riser. If you do cook it in the bread machine make sure to spray the lid as I have had it hit the top more than once."Doesn't bake well in bread machine, but works great if mixed in bread machine and then baked on 9x5 inch loaf pan. I like to add additional lemon extract to enhance the flavor." - wynlb
Yield: 1 Ready in 45 minutes
98 people trying soon
Verified by stevemur
Hawaiian Sweet Bread For The Bread Machine Preparation
1. Measure ingredients into the bread machine in the order suggested by the manufacturer.
2. I use the order listed in the recipe.
3. Set the machine for medium crust, and press start.
4. Makes 1 2 1/2 pound loaf.
5. *Ilike to use the bread machine just to do the dough.
6. Then I take the dough out and form a round loaf, let rise, then bake in the oven at 400 degrees.
Tastes as good as the kind that you buy. One of my kiddos favorites. Very easy - just throw it all in the bread machine and turn it on.
by Khandi Howard
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?