Ready in 1 hour
Be sure to spice this up some to avoid blandness. I usually use some Emeril's Bayou Blast or some other cajun seasoning, plus extra black pepper. This freezes beautifully - just be sure to completely cover each breast half completely with the spinach mixture to avoid drying out.
18 people want to try | 17 have favorited
Top-ranked recipe named "Heavenly Chicken Recipe"
1. In a saucepan, saute the scallions in butter until tender. Whisk in flour; whisk in milk all at once. Bring to a boil and cook and stir until the sauce is thickened and bubbly.
2. Meanwhile, combine the cracker crumbs (breadcrumbs work too in a pinch) and cheese. Dip chicken breast halves in the crumb mixture to coat lightly; retain remaining crumb mixture. (Note: If freezing the meal for later, seal the remaining crumb mixture in a freezer bag).
3. Arrange the breast halves in a greased 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
4. Stir the spinach and ham into the white sauce. Spoon the spinach mixture over the chicken. (Can freeze at this point for later; tape the crumb mixture bag to the side. Defrost before baking.).
5. Bake, covered, at 350F for 60 to 75 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle with crumbs. Bake 10 minutes more.
1? hours | 15 min prep
Guest, you can Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?