Patti Labelle's Macaroni and Cheese
Secret to recipe - be sure to cube the cheese, then you will have nice cheesey pockets of cheese throughout the casserole. If you shred the cheese, it has a tendency to be somewhat dry. Also, add extra milk. It needs to be pretty soupy going into the oven to not get too dry. Very good.
"I HAVE MADE THIS DISH MANY TIMES...VERY EASY TO MAKE..DOES NOT BREAK THE BANK AND GOES A LONG WAY...BELEIVE ME..YOU WILL VOLUNTEER THIS DISH FOR YOUR NEXT POT LUCK"- otsmts
25 people want to try | 86 have favorited
|1 tablespoonVegetable oil|
|1/2 cupmuenster cheese; shredded|
|1/2 cupmild cheddar cheese; shredded|
|1/2 cupsharp cheddar cheese; shredded|
|1/2 cupmonterey jack cheese; shredded|
|8 ouncesVelveeta cheese; cubed|
|2 Eggs; lightly beaten|
|1/4 teaspoonseasoning salt|
|1/8 teaspoonfresh ground pepper|
|1 cupFresh bread crumbs; put through the food processor w/2T butter|
Patti Labelle's Macaroni and Cheese Preparation
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Lightly butter a deep 2 1/2 quart baking dish.
3. Fill a large pot with water and bring to a rapid boil.
4. Add macaroni and the 1 TB oil.
5. Cook for 7 minutes, or until somewhat tender.
6. Drain well, and return to the pot.
7. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt 8 TB of the butter.
8. Stir into macaroni.
9. In a large bowl, combine all of the shredded cheeses.
10. To the macaroni, add 1 1/2 cups of shredded cheeses, half and half, the cubed cheese and the eggs, and the seasoned salt and pepper.
11. Transfer to the prepared casserole dish, and top with remaining 1/2 cup shredded cheese.
12. Dot with remaining 1 TB of the butter.
13. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the edges are golden brown and bubbly.
14. Serve hot.
15. Serves 8.
My favorite mac and cheese recipe.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Patti Labelle's Macaroni and Cheese Reviews
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on:
Tweets by @bigoven