Tania Boughton's Super Healthy Moroccan Stewed Chicken
|1 lbboneless skinless chicken thighs; (use breast for a lower fat option)|
|1 canGarbanzo beans; (drained)|
|1 candiced tomatoes|
|1 zucchinis; (up to 2), cubed|
|1/2 red onion|
|Crisco Fat Free Cooking Spray; Olive Oil flavor|
|1/2 tbspolive oil|
|1 cupreduced sodium chicken stock|
|1/4 tspCayenne pepper; (1/2 tsp is potent!)|
|1 tspground Cumin|
|1/2 tspground Cinnamon|
|Salt & pepper; to taste|
|Chopped Cilantro; (optional)|
|2 tbsproasted pine nuts|
|3 tbspgolden raisins|
Tania Boughton's Super Healthy Moroccan Stewed Chicken Preparation
1. Heat oil in a deep saute pan over medium heat
2. Sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides of chicken and place in heated pan,
cook until brown (about 3 minutes per side)
3. Add zucchini and brown lightly, stir often
4. Heat a small pan up with Crisco olive oil cooking spray, add red onion.
Pour about 1/4 cup of water and "boil" onion until tender, adding more
water if needed.
5. Check zucchini, if browned, add drained garbanzo beans, reduced sodium
chicken broth, tomatoes, red onion, Cayenne, Cumin and Cinnamon.
Reduce heat to low and simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 15
6. Add more salt and pepper if needed for taste, sprinkle with chopped
1. Cook the couscous per package (5 minute flavored couscous is fine)
2. Place pine nuts in a small pan with Crisco cooking spray and "toast"
for about a minute, each side on medium high heat
3. Stir toasted pine nuts and golden raisins into the couscous
Serve warm and enjoy!!
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
There are no reviews yet for Tania Boughton's Super Healthy Moroccan Stewed Chicken. Be the first to review it!
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on:
Tweets by @bigoven