Awesome Jalapeno Poppers
These poppers are fantastic and a common request whenever it is my husband's turn to host poker! A little effort, but it's worth it!"I once asked my wife to core the jalapenos while I was at work. We were having a garden party and there were about 50 peppers to prepare.
Unfortunately I didn't tell her to where gloves. Her hands were burn't red from the pepper oils and I had to take her to the hospital. I don't think she'll ever forgive me for that. Be warned if your making a lot of these where gloves!!" - Sargasso
Yield: 32 Ready in 1 hours
1,438 people trying soon
Verified by stevemur
Awesome Jalapeno Poppers Preparation
**When preparing your jalapeno peppers for this recipe (de-seeding and de-veining), please consider wearing gloves, if you think you might have any irritation. It is not always necessary, but may be a good idea as a precaution.
1. In a mixing bowl, combine your cream cheese, cheddar cheese and chopped bacon. Spoon your mixture into the jalapeno halves creating a mound on top.
2. Add the milk, flour and bread crumbs into 3 separate pie plates or shallow bowls.
3. Dip your stuffed jalapenos into the milk, then the flour and let rest for 10 minutes to dry. Discard flour, as you will not need it any more.
3. Dip your stuffed jalapenos again into the milk, then roll them into the breadcrumbs. Let rest for 10 minutes to dry.
4. Dip your stuffed jalapenos again into the milk and then the breadcrumbs, making sure that you are completely coating the pepper in the breadcrumbs, as much as possible.
5. Heat oil in either a medium skillet or fryer to 365 degrees F (180 C) and fry for approximately 2 minutes and 30 seconds, until golden brown. Remove and let it drain on a paper towel lined plate.
Enjoy with cool sour cream.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?