Ready in 1 hour
These poppers are fantastic and a common request whenever it is my husband's turn to host poker! A little effort, but it's worth it!
"I once asked my wife to core the jalapenos while I was at work. We were having a garden party and there were about 50 peppers to prepare.
Unfortunately I didn't tell her to where gloves. Her hands were burn't red from the pepper oils and I had to take her to the hospital. I don't think she'll ever forgive me for that. Be warned if your making a lot of these where gloves!!"
1,728 people want to try | 2,352 have favorited
**When preparing your jalapeno peppers for this recipe (de-seeding and de-veining), please consider wearing gloves, if you think you might have any irritation. It is not always necessary, but may be a good idea as a precaution.
1. In a mixing bowl, combine your cream cheese, cheddar cheese and chopped bacon. Spoon your mixture into the jalapeno halves creating a mound on top.
2. Add the milk, flour and bread crumbs into 3 separate pie plates or shallow bowls.
3. Dip your stuffed jalapenos into the milk, then the flour and let rest for 10 minutes to dry. Discard flour, as you will not need it any more.
3. Dip your stuffed jalapenos again into the milk, then roll them into the breadcrumbs. Let rest for 10 minutes to dry.
4. Dip your stuffed jalapenos again into the milk and then the breadcrumbs, making sure that you are completely coating the pepper in the breadcrumbs, as much as possible.
5. Heat oil in either a medium skillet or fryer to 365 degrees F (180 C) and fry for approximately 2 minutes and 30 seconds, until golden brown. Remove and let it drain on a paper towel lined plate.
Enjoy with cool sour cream.
Guest, you can Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
BigOven makes mealtime easy!
You may also enjoy:
Kliz052288 5 months agoSoo delicious!!! My fiancé loved them, as did my entire family! Well worth the effort. Thank you for the recipe!
harrietgriffin 6 months agoNot bad, I also used panco bread crumbs and they were soo crunchy! Unfortunately my jalapeños weren't hot at all :( need to find some hot ones...great though. From NewZealand
ChrisFMulah 8 months agoAwesome is an understatement. These are going to be made regularly from now on.
queenraw 9 months agoAwesome!!!!!
kathleenking90 9 months agoLooking forward to making these!
booskig 10 months ago
Alicef91 10 months agoAmazing!! My boyfriend never eats my food but he loves these!
FullMetalBlonde 10 months agoso worth the effort!
MissCongeniality 1 year ago
txbrowneyes99 1 year agodelicious
jacklyndavila 1 year ago
jessusan74 1 year agoExcellent!! Worth the effort.
michellehershseidle 1 year agoMade these tonight, and they were amazing! Following the directions regarding letting the poppers sit in between breadings is key. Thank you for an awesome recipe!
Sweetiepie12 1 year agoMy husband and I love these cream cheese poppers. They can be made with or without the bacon and will turn out great.
samanthajoholt 1 year ago
Hgarick 1 year agoAwesome.. Loved them! Will definitely do this again
cookingfamilyfriendsandlovinit 1 year agoBest I've ever had - and I've tried many !
Ssuitepea 1 year agoThey were ok....really hot if you want to eat more than one. Very time consuming to make.
Tntorrence 1 year agoI love this recipe! Its so delicious. If you add bacon, it is delicious too!
acapulia 2 years agodelicious recipe