Szechwan Beef Stir Fry
Better Homes and Gardens New Cookbook
To Partially freeze the beef, place it in the freezer for about 20 minutes. If you're starting with frozen beef, thaw it until it's soft by still icy"My family loved this. I doubled the sauce because my family likes the sauce for rice. I would marinated the meat in the sauce next time for extra favor. And it was easy." - Namaste9600
Yield: 4 Ready in 30 minutes
101 people trying soon
|0.75 poundBoneless beef sirloin steak or top round steak|
|3 tablespoonsDry sherry or dry white wine|
|3 tablespoonsSoy sauce|
|2 tablespoonshoisin sauce|
|1 teaspoongingerroot; Grated|
|0.5 teaspoonCrushed red pepper|
|0.25 teaspoonBlack pepper|
|2 clovesGarlic; minced|
|1 tablespoonCooking oil|
|1 cupcarrots; thinly sliced, (2 medium)|
|1 8.75-oz canwhole baby corn; drained|
|1 Red sweet pepper; cut into 1-inch squares|
|2 cupsHot cooked rice|
Szechwan Beef Stir Fry Preparation
1. Trim fat from beef. Parially freeze beef. Thinly slice across grain into bite-size strips. Set aside. Cut whole corn in half crosswise. Set aside.
2. For sauce, stir together sherry or wine, soy sauce, water hoisin sauce, cornstarch, gingerroot, sugar, red pepper black pepper, and garlic. Set aside.
3. Pour cooking oil into a wok or large skillet. (Add more oil as necessary during cooking.) Preheat over medium-high heat. Stir-fry carrots in hot oil for 2 minutes. Add baby corn and sweet pepper. Stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes more or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove from wok.
4. Add beef to the hot wok. Stir-fry fot 2 to 3 minutes or to desired doneness. Push beef from the center of the wok.
5. Stir sauce. Add sauce to the center of the wok. Cook and stir till thickened and bubbly. Stir in all cooked meat and vegetables. Cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes more or till heated trough. Serve with rice Makes 4 servings.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?