Ready in 30 minutes
Better Homes and Gardens New Cookbook
To Partially freeze the beef, place it in the freezer for about 20 minutes. If you're starting with frozen beef, thaw it until it's soft by still icy
"Sauce is very good. Made more because our family likes to flavor the rice with it. Instead of using vegetables listed in recipe used green beans, green pepper, onions and zucchini from our garden. Recipe is a keeper. "- Jldozer
Top-ranked recipe named "Szechwan Beef Stir Fry"
1. Trim fat from beef. Parially freeze beef. Thinly slice across grain into bite-size strips. Set aside. Cut whole corn in half crosswise. Set aside.
2. For sauce, stir together sherry or wine, soy sauce, water hoisin sauce, cornstarch, gingerroot, sugar, red pepper black pepper, and garlic. Set aside.
3. Pour cooking oil into a wok or large skillet. (Add more oil as necessary during cooking.) Preheat over medium-high heat. Stir-fry carrots in hot oil for 2 minutes. Add baby corn and sweet pepper. Stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes more or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove from wok.
4. Add beef to the hot wok. Stir-fry fot 2 to 3 minutes or to desired doneness. Push beef from the center of the wok.
5. Stir sauce. Add sauce to the center of the wok. Cook and stir till thickened and bubbly. Stir in all cooked meat and vegetables. Cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes more or till heated trough. Serve with rice Makes 4 servings.
jmschaub 2 months agoMy favorite in this category. But I'm pretty sure it is the same as my Betty Crocker recipe book.
Jldozer 9 months agoSauce is very good. Made more because our family likes to flavor the rice with it. Instead of using vegetables listed in recipe used green beans, green pepper, onions and zucchini from our garden. Recipe is a keeper.
cjmac43 1 year agoReally delicious but would definitely make more sauce next time.
ProfLisa 3 years agoNot crazy about the carrots, but it's a good recipe otherwise!
Namaste9600 4 years agoMy family loved this. I doubled the sauce because my family likes the sauce for rice. I would marinated the meat in the sauce next time for extra favor. And it was easy.
mistyp 5 years ago[I posted this recipe.]