Shrimp and Penne Pasta
Okay! I took an old classic and revved it up! If you have guests coming over, this is a GREAT dish to prepare in a large pot as it looks really great at the table. And the flavors.... Ma ma mia!
Serve with any wine! The beautiful balance of flavours mean that pretty much anything from a Chardonnay to a Shiraz will fit in but avoid overly sweet wines. They will detract from the taste!
Yield: 6 Ready in 30 minutes
19 people trying soon
|500 gramsPenne pasta|
|500 gramsShrimp; (If you are buying fresh shrimp, buy about 750gms), peeled|
|2 tablespoonsBasil Pesto|
|2 tablespoonsMint Pesto|
|5 clovesfresh garlic; flattened and finely chopped|
|1/2 cupExtra virgin Olive oil|
|1/4 cupfresh basil; Chopped|
|1 teaspoonGround Oregano flakes|
|2 largeFresh tomatoes|
|Cracked Black Pepper; to taste|
|Sea Salt Crystals|
|1 Roasted Pine Nuts|
|1 cupcheddar; grated|
|1 cupParmeggiano; grated|
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Preparation
1. Finely Chop the tomatoes. Set aside.
2. Finely chop Basil leaves. Set aside.
3. Heat 2-3 Table spoons Olive Oil in pan, and when hot, add chopped garlic and some (about a tablespoon) fresh Basil. When Fragrant, add Ground Oregano, and stir. Immediately add washed and drained shrimp.
4. Stir fry till prawns are cooked. Salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat.
1. Cook penne in rapidly boiling, salted water as directed on package until al dente.
2. When cooked, remove from heat and drain well. Place penne in a bowl and stir in 3 tablespoons olive oil.Coat well.
1. Reserve one cupful of Shrimp topping, cheese mix, and a handful of chopped Basil.
2. Mix remaining Cheese, pasta (while hot), Topping, Basil and Tomatoes. Mix well, adding salt and pepper to taste.
3. Serve in large pot/serving platter topped with (reserved) Cheese, Basil, Pine nuts.
Serve immediately with Lemon wedges or Tabasco Sauce! Enjoy!
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?