1 people want to try | 6 have favorited
1. Roast fresh cardamon pods, and seeds at low temperature in a heavy bottomed pan (cast iron is great) for about 3 minutes each. Be sure they do not burn. Move pan around if necesarry. Discard any burnt seeds or pods.
2. Grind each spice in a dedicated coffee grinder and then measure out amount specified. Store any excess in airtight glass containers and label clearly! (you might THINK you will remember which is which later, but.....)
3. Mix up all spices by hand in a bowl and bottle in airtight glass containers and label.
4. Store in a cool place out of direct sunlight.
5. This masala is not very hot. If you like it hotter experiment with adding more chili peppers.
Guest, you can Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
BigOven makes mealtime easy!
You may also enjoy:
kellybelle 4 years agoIn a pinch I have had to use previously ground spices. just try hard to make sure everything is fresh. Remember, spices should really be discarded and replaced every 6 months. My mother has some that are 40 years old! [I posted this recipe.]