Spicy Cheeseburger Soup
This is a great Potato - Hamburger soup and a nice alternative to plain potato soup. It is spicy with the addition of a can of Rotel tomatoes (tomatoes with chili peppers added) - if you don't want it to be spicey, just add a can of plain diced tomatoes. This soup freezes well. I freeze it in Hefty disposable containers and warm it in the microwave for a quick meal.
by Khandi Howard
Yield: 6 Ready in 45 minutes
30 people trying soon
Verified by stevemur
|1/2 lbground beef; (up to 3/4)|
|3/4 cupOnions; chopped|
|3/4 cupcarrot; shredded|
|3/4 cupCelery; diced|
|1 teaspoonDried basil|
|1 teaspoonDried parsley flakes|
|4 tablespoonsbutter or margarine; divided|
|3 cupsChicken broth|
|4 cupspotatoes; (1 3/4 pounds), diced peeled|
|1/4 cupAll-purpose flour|
|8 ouncesprocessed American cheese; cubed (2 cups)|
|1 1/2 cupsmilk|
|salt; & pepper|
|1 10-ounces canRotel Tomatoes; (10 ounce) can|
|1/4 cupSour cream|
Spicy Cheeseburger Soup Preparation
1. In a 3 quart saucepan, brown beef.
2. In the same saucepan, saute onion, carrots, celery, basil and parsley in 1 tablespoon butter until vegetables are tender about 10 minutes.
3. Sprinkle flour over all, then continue to cook about 2 minutes.
4. Add broth, tomatoes, potatoes and beef; bring to a boil.
5. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
6. Reduce heat to low.
7. Add cheese, milk, salt and pepper; cook and stir until cheese melts.
8. Remove from the heat; blend in sour cream.
9. (makes 2 1/4 quarts).
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Spicy Cheeseburger Soup Reviews
[I posted this recipe.]
4 years, 2 months, 1 weeks, 5 days, 23 hours, 17 minutes ago