82 people want to try | 131 have favorited
1. Mix together marinade,put into plastic bag.
2. Add fish to bag and massage marinade around fish, adding a little water if there is not enough marinade to cover fish. Put into fridge for at least 20 minutes.
3. Remove from fridge and rinse fish off. Set aside.
4. While fish is marinading, heat oil in good sized frying pan. Add onions and saute for 5 minutes, then add garlic, ginger and optional mushrooms and saute for another 5 minutes.
5. Add tomato sauce, clove, cardamom, curry leaves, Vietnamese chili paste, Pataks paste, tumeric and coconut,honey or sugar, 1 c water and stir gently. Cook for another 10 minutes, adding water if coconut was particularly thick.
6. Add fish pieces, drained tomatoes (cut in half) and red pepper and continue to cook until fish is done.
7. Throw in chopped cilantro.
8. Put curry into serving dish and garnish with remaining cilantro
9. Serve with rice.
Guest, you can Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
BigOven makes mealtime easy!
You may also enjoy:
kellybelle 4 years agoAs mentioned earlier, there is no reason chicken would not work for this recipe. The sauce is fantastic on rice! [I posted this recipe.]