Indian Shrimp Curry
try this refreshingly spicy shrimp curry...accompany it with long grain white rice and enjoy the heat and freshness!
Yield: 6 Ready in 45 minutes
favorite of 90 people 39 people want to try
|2 ouncesFresh Serrano Chiles; whole, sliced (6-8)|
|20 Fresh Curry Leaves|
|5 ClovesGarlic; finely chopped|
|1 tablespoonGinger; finely chopped|
|2 tablespoonVegetable oil|
|1 teaspoonWhole mustard seeds|
|0.25 teaspoonTurmeric powder|
|0.5 teaspoonGround cumin|
|1 teaspoonGround coriander|
|1 mediumOnion; chopped|
|1 poundTomatoes; chopped|
|2.5 ouncesCoconut; freshly grated|
|2 largeshrimp; in shell, peeled and deveined|
Indian Shrimp Curry Preparation
1. Cook chilies, curry leaves, garlic, and ginger in oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat, stirring, until very fragrant and chilies are just softened, 1 to 2 minutes.
2. Reduce heat to medium and add spices, 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper. Add mustard seeds.
3. Cook, stirring, until mustard seeds just begin to pop, 1 to 2 minutes.
4. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 4 minutes.
5. Add tomatoes and coconut, then cook, covered, until tomatoes are softened, 4 to 6 minutes.
6. Add shrimp and cook, uncovered, stirring, until just cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes.
Season with salt and pepper.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Indian Shrimp Curry Reviews
[I posted this recipe.]
4 years, 1 months, 3 weeks, 4 days, 8 hours, 47 minutes ago
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on:
Tweets by @bigoven