Hunan Spicy Chicken
Kind of Spicy - Tame it down for Mom.
Love by Cory & Steph since 2006"At first I thought that calling for 2 cups of oil was excessive, but the corn starch in the marinade sets up kind of like some type of breading (almost). I would suggest, however, that the veggies be cooked in a LOT less oil. Also, we added about 1/2 cup of uncooked peanuts to make it more like the Hunan chicken I've had delivered. The dish was great! The ginger adds a little heat that isn't over-powering and is very tasty! I'll make this one again for sure!" - Pithecanthropus
Yield: 6 Ready in 45 minutes
favorite of 55 people 26 people want to try
|1 poundchicken breast|
|1 Egg white|
|1 tablespoonDry sherry|
|2 cupVegetable oil|
|1 1/2 tablespoonOyster sauce|
|1 pinchWhite pepper|
|1 teaspoonRed pepper flakes|
|1 teaspoonChili oil|
|2 tablespoonGinger; finely chopped|
|1 cloveGarlic; minced|
|1 teaspoonSesame oil|
|1 headBroccoli; cut into pieces|
|4 Carrot; cut into pieces|
|1 bunchGreen onion|
|1 canWater chestnuts|
|1 canBaby corn on the cob; cut in half|
Hunan Spicy Chicken Preparation
Marinade: Dry Sherry, Corn Starch, oyster sauce, sugar, salt, white pepper, egg white, garlic clove
Sauce: catsup, red pepper, chilli oil, ginger
1. Mix chicken with marinade mixture. Mix sauce ingredients and set aside.
2. Cut up broccoli, carrots, onions, etc.
3. Start Rice in Rice Cooker
4. Cook chicken with veggie oil. Remove and clean ickies out of the wok
5. Cook carrots (steam with water)
6. Then broccoli
7. Add sauce, then water chestnuts and corn... then green onions
8. Mix all together and add 1 tsp sesame oil at the end.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Hunan Spicy Chicken Reviews
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on:
Tweets by @bigoven