Quinoa, Broccoli, & Cheese Casserole
This is amazingly sweet & nutty"This was a great addition to my "Meatless Monday" endeavors! My hubby AND my 2 yr. old liked it. I loved it! It has made the rotation! I added about 3 cups of broccoli to it, but other than that I really didn't change a thing about the recipe. I served it with fruit and the whole meal was a hit.
THANK YOU for sharing!!!" - Minerva79
Yield: 0 Ready in 45 minutes
1,057 people trying soon
Verified by stevemur
Quinoa, Broccoli, & Cheese Casserole Preparation
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Wash and drain quinoa in a fine mesh strainer 2-3 times.
3. Combine quinoa with 3 cups of water in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cook for about 15 minutes or until all the water is absorbed.
4. Meanwhile, saute onion for a few minutes, and cook broccoli in microwave for about 4 minutes.
5. Combine vegetables and spices in a mixing bowl, adding in hot, cooked quinoa, parmesan and 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese.
6. Mix well and press into an 8x8 baking dish, greased lightly with cooking spray or olive oil.
7. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese on top.
8. Bake uncovered for 15-20 minutes, until cheese is melted on top
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?